Na zorgvuldig testen zullen alle 3.x Joomla klanten gratis geupgrade worden door Gasoline de aankomende weken.
Joomla is net uitgekomen en deze site is al geupgade en draait zonder problemen.
De nieuwe Joomla 3.5 is gearriveerd!
The Joomla! Project and the Production Leadership Team are proud to announce the release of Joomla! 3.5 as the latest in the 3.x series. Introducing 34 new features, including support for the recently released PHP 7 scripting language, which significantly increases web site speed.
This version of Joomla! supports the most recent release of PHP, the most popular programming language for developing web applications. PHP 7 was recently announced with significant performance improvements and is now available for use by the general public. With Joomla! 3.5 users can now enjoy the benefit of that performance improvement.
Joomla's new email update notification plugin periodically checks for available Joomla! updates and bug fixes, then emails administrators to notify them. 3.5's new statistics collection plug-in gathers the system environment in use. The raw data collected is anonymised before transmission and access to the compiled data is publicly available at https://developer.joomla.org/about/stats.html.
In addition to the features mentioned above, other highlights of the 3.5 release include:
Download system & environment information: gives users the option to download system/environment information for support purposes.
- Ability to add a user CSS file to Protostar: currently it is impossible to use a custom.css file when using the Protostar template. This update adds a check to see if the file user.css exists and loads the file to allow for user customisation.
- Added site and admin links to module user: adds switches to the mod_status module to show/hide links to the front-end and back-end of the site.
- Article counts: a set of updates that allows the visual presentation of published, unpublished and trashed articles in the Category Manager for articles, banners, contacts and newsfeeds.
- Random category blog and list order: this update answers a common user request to add a random ordering option for articles in the blog category and category list view.
- Editor Buttons added to the Toolbar: You no longer need to scroll down the page to find the “readmore” or “insert image” buttons. Editor extension buttons that used to be placed below the text area can now be found in the toolbar where they belong.
- Easily Insert Modules in Articles: allows users to easily add a module into an article with a button directly on the editor toolbar. Users don’t need to learn any syntax or remember the module details as the user interface does it for them.
- Drag and Drop Images: Adding an image is now as easy as dragging and dropping it from your computer directly into the content. This works anywhere that you are using the default TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor.
To have a full list of the features please visit the Joomla GitHub Repository.